Wednesday 21 July 2010

Favour of the King...

I applied to have my visa extended today in order to stay in Sweden even after my commitment with the current ministry is up. It's in order to continue working with a family I've been nannying for to save up for Uganda in January-Apr. I applied today, and 25 minutes later they put the visa in my passport today. Just like that. That kind of reaction time is unheard of here. Everyone I tell says, "That never happens." I can't help but smile in awe at Him who knows no such thing as "never"...

It was very encouraging for so many reasons. First off, the way He's just unfolded EVERYTHING just so-- the job, the place to stay, the visa extension, etc (I even had just enough money to cover the cost of the extension because of the babysitting jobs He provided last week!)-- just encourages me onward in this uncertain path so far out of my own plan. Africa? And I've met with such opposition about going to Uganda from loved and respected people in my life. If He wasn't reconfirming this day after day with the way He's just leading me right through open doors, I would never even be able to consider it.

And simply because I've run into such discouragement in general this week, such overbearing discouragement that I'm struggling to stand up under. Feeling so very lonely as if in some far-flung corner of the world completely alone, and feeling so insecure, like just waiting for the bottom to fall out. This "little miracle" today is just heavy with His hand and the fact that He cares to reach into my life at all-- to let me know that  He's got me and He's never letting go, that I can trust Him, regardless of how it feels-- that just wraps me up in comfort.

And on top of that, my lovely Auntie in America the other day, knowing nothing of what's been transpiring, wrote to tell me that He's laid it on her heart to pray specifically for my comfort. Woah. And my sister wrote today to say that He's laid me on another precious heart lately-- my 3 year old niece brought me up in her precious prayers!! I could cry just thinking of it (and I am) :)

I hate that I need so much encouragement. I feel like I'm too demanding on Him. Yet... He doesn't seem to mind. He seems to delight in giving it. And always, always, I am left breathless at His attention, at His love.

How can I do anything but pour it all out for You right back, Love?

And this precious song again plays in my mind...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...