Monday 7 September 2009

The Dreadful Goodbyes


“Begin at once; before you venture away from this quiet moment, ask your King to take you wholly into His service, and place all the hours of this day quite simply at His disposal, and ask Him to make and keep you ready to do just exactly what He appoints. Never mind about tomorrow; one day at a time is enough. Try it today, and see if it is not a day of strange, almost curious peace, so sweet that you will be only too thankful when tomorrow comes to ask Him to take it also.”

– Frances Ridley Havergal


I hate goodbyes.

The quote above has really spoken to me today as I put the finishing touches on my packing and perpare my heart for all the goodbyes. I'm praying now for that "strange, almost curious peace" and know that He will pour it out on my heart by the bucketload, because I have seen Him do it before. His faithfulness astounds me. I can't say that I have this all figured-- know exactly why I'm living life in Europe so far from the family I so love who are growing up without me, working with this ministry which has been so stressful and difficult and often discouraging, living so radically-- but what I do know is He has asked us to trust and obey. To trust that He is Who He says He is. And if that is so, then how could I not sell everything to take up the Pearl of Great Price that is His kingdom. How swiftly this temporal place is passing away. And how hugely unknown are the depths of His love...
If I put it in perspective, it aches a bit less to leave my loved ones and strike off on my own again.

But only a little at this point...

Auntie's precious treasures: Emily (2), Tucker (4 months), & Abby(4)

I'm headed down to the Cities today-- seeing some family and going to a dr's appt-- then flying out from MSP on Wednesday evening. I have a few stopovers this time, unfortunately. One in Chicago and one in Copenhagen, and then will arrive in Gothenburg again about 8am Thursday morning MN time/ 3pm Swedish time.

I am so thankful that I got to come home for these weddings just before moving to work with Rescue Mission for the next year. It was such a beautiful time of catching up with people --and I'm thankful for each of you that I've been able to see! And sad for each one I wasn't able to meet up with this time :( I'm especially so thankful for everyone on my support team that I was able to meet up with. You have no idea how He uses you to encourage me on this journey. No idea!! I COULD NOT follow Him in this if not for you.

So, I will be in touch again from Sweden as soon as I can! Know that I am holding you in my thoughts and talking to the Father about you :)

Much Love,

Leah

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...