Thursday 28 January 2010

I Put on Christ


"Blessed be the Lord, my Rock,

who trains my hands for battle,
who trains my hands for war...
I don't fight as one who beats the air,
give me eyes to see and ears to hear.
I put on Christ.
I make no provision for my flesh
Put on the whole armor of God..."

This song has pointed my eyes back to His faithful, unfailing, victorious, sovereign face today.

I've been really struggling under a heavy heart.
I've been fighting a spiritual war in exhausting prayer and intercession and day-to-day life for months now, and I've been in so over my head. I am not yet very familiar with spiritual warfare. I grew up in a comfortable, middle-class Baptist family ;)

But He doesn't move in futility. He doesn't pass our lives through any circumstance by coincidence. He has placed me here with this ministry for such a time as this, knowing full well my inadequacies. I think maybe that's even why He has done. Because of myself I know I have so little to give, which makes lots of room for Him to be all in all...

How easily we fall into a stupor, forgetting that there is a spiritual reality more real than our earthly one (Eph. 6:12). How easily we live as if there is no need for urgency, for passion, as if we are not engaged in a cataclysmic battle for the hearts of men. Those of us who profess the Lord are fighting a winning battle! But we still must take our stand, because the Word of God tells us that the days are evil and though we live for the Prince of All, the prince of this earth for this time is satan. If we are not actively standing up against it, we are caught in the flow of the natural world. Hence, He tells us to arm ourselves with His full armor of truth, righteousness, the Gospel, faith, salvation, and His Spirit (Eph 6:14-18).

The good news is, we needn't be caught in that flow. He has provided for us every thing we need to live a life of godliness (2 Pet 1:3).

So... I throw off all this heavy discouragement that has been following me around for weeks, and I put on Christ.

I don't want to be sleeping while the battle is raging.

Thank You, Lord, because I am Yours and You are mine. And your purposes are so high and you want me to be a part of them. Your holiness astounds me. Your love holds me.

Let's go out and fight this battle You've already won.

3 comments:

Deb said...

That's my Leah = )
Praying for you ~ Aunt Deb <><

Gabi Dickinson said...

Thank you for this MUCH needed reminder, beautiful one.

Kate said...

Leah, I love you. And I love reading your thoughts. And I really wish I had extra money because I want to come to Sweden :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...