Monday 29 March 2010

Odds and Ends

Our women's ministry this past weekend was a great day! Check out the details of the day here: http://womeninhislight.blogspot.com/2010/03/bible-study-on-spiritual-gifts.html. Wish you could all join us!!

Leading worship on Sunday was kind of amazing too, in too many ways to describe here. I'm just so thankful that He is moving here. And that His love "bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening]. [His] Love never fails..." (1 Cor 13:7-8). The fact that He calls us to be a part of what He's accomplishing for His kingdom in this world is just almost too much for me to believe!! Goodness, I love His ever-hoping heart...



We introduced this "new" song in worship this week. Well, new to us... The Lord has really been going before me when it comes to worship-leading in this church. In the past there's been a bit of "my way or the highway" mentality about it and it's just really been too limiting and discouraging and deflating. But recently I was able to have a humble, understanding talk with the leaders and was given their blessing to do more organizing and leading of the worship! In whatever way He leads me! This is HUGE. Especially because I have always struggled with the shyness and fear of being up front. Lately the Lord is just releasing me to serve Him freely with the gifts He's given me... and I'm excited and frightened by that prospect :) But mostly just humbled and in love.

The two lines that really stand out to me-- alongside the anthem-like chorus of "Your grace is enough/heaven reaching down to us/your grace is enough for me/God, I see Your grace is enough/I am covered in Your love/Your grace is enough for me"-- are "Great is Your faithfulness, O God/You wrestle with the sinner's heart" and "Great is Your love and justice, God/You use the weak to lead the strong".... It astounds me to no end that this God would bend to wrestle with us sinners, to care to lead us to conviction again and again and again that we might repent and ask Him for Life again and again and again... He blows my mind. And that He uses the weak, the broken, the jars of clay to lead the strong, the wonderful, the talented! Gives me a bit of hope that I have a greater purpose to serve than I know, even in my brokenness.

I love worship. I love how it sets my focus to right, shifts my perspective to His face over all the circumstances. Mmmm....

May you know this Love; may you love this Lover--
Love,
Leah

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...