Saturday 7 July 2012

It Is Possible...

"To be like Christ. To displace self from the inner throne, and to enthrone Him; to make not the slightest compromise with the smallest sin. We aim at nothing less than to walk with God all day long, to abide every hour in Christ and He and His Words in us, to love God with all the heart and our neighbors as ourselves... It is possible to cast every care on Him daily, and to be at peace amidst pressure, to see the will of God in everything, to put away all bitterness and clamor and evil speaking, daily and hourly. It is possible by unreserved resort to divine power under divine conditions to become strongest through and through at our weakest point." -- Bishop Handley Moule


It's that last sentence that hits me the hardest. It is possible by unreserved resort to divine power. 

He's been bringing it to my attention all over the place how much really does rely on divine power. I don't think of it that way very often. How much of our walk with God is through supernatural means... Incredible. And how much I try to just take on for myself anyway. What a joke.

In a bible study I once did on the Fruits of the Spirit, He taught me that even the ability to love Him is a supernatural one, because we are only made capable of it through the Spirit. And, of course. I found in my own life that when I began to pray a simple prayer of just falling more and more in love with Him, it happened. I found myself in Love.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 really sets my heart on fire. When I am weakest, then I am strongest. Not just words. Not just religious jargon. Practical, day-to-day Truth. It's a matter of reaching for that power that rests on us in our weakness. Paul said He'd boast all the more gladly in his weakness so that the power of Christ would rest on Him. This kind of verse leaves me no excuse. I have all the strength and grace I could possible require for every single challenge, temptation, trial, whatever, right there in the Spirit. Right there in Jesus.

My precious King, thank You. Your grace is sufficient. In the Spirit I can do what I couldn't, feel what I wouldn't, think what I didn't... Your strength never wanes. I love You.

1 comment:

Gabi Dickinson said...

''Your strength never wanes.''

Hallelujah for that! Was coming into town today and had something on my iPod(i can't recall what song it was) and I was overwhelmed with gratitude that He never faints or grows weary. He's always enough. Always.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...