Monday 15 September 2008

A Dedication Day


I'd like to introduce you all to my new, gorgeous, little godson, Alex!



Yesterday at my last week of church at Kendal Road Baptist , I became a 'godmother'-- in the baptist tradition here I believe 'sponsor' is the preferred term for it-- to a darling little English/Peruvian boy that I've babysat, along with his older brother and sister, off and on these past 3 years. His parents were at Redcliffe in my first and second years, and their family has a heart for South America (where his daddy is from!) and hope to move there for mission within the next few years! They are a special family and Caroline and Julio have two very beautiful hearts and have been blessings to me and my life in England.

It was a real honour to be asked to be a part of Alex's life like this; to commit to praying for him and the development of his faith throughout his life, and to pray for his parents who have dedicated themselves to bringing Him up in the Lord. My and the Robles family's paths will be parting, but this links us together in prayer for life, and I think that is a beautiful thing! I'm really blessed that they chose me for it...
And that God has surrounded me with friends all across Europe who have become like a great big extended family to me.
He is faithful and He is enough....

1 comment:

Danielle Pearson said...

Awww, congrats. That is such a great honor! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...