Sunday 7 September 2008

A prayer of my heart inspired by Jeremiah 32:38-41:

"They will be my people and I will be their God. I will give them singleness of heart and action, so that they will always fear me for their own good and the good of their children after them. I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear me, so that they will never turn away from me. I will rejoice in doing them good and will assuredly plant them in this land with all my heart and soul."


Lord, make me your own, Your very own, and be my God.

Give me a singleness of heart and action that narrows down my every desire until it is only You I focus on, only You I long for, and only You I live to please-- for the good of my life and for the good of generations of lives to come.

Lord, make a covenant between You and I that can never end, committing my heart to You as much as Yours is committed to me-- and within the security of that covenant show me that everything that comes in or out of my life is Your good for me, because You are goodness itself and can never stop doing good.

Inspire me to truly know You, and to trust You, so that I will never turn away to any lesser loves.

Rejoice in doing me good, Abba, and plant me confidently and securely in the land You have for me to serve You in, living out Your heart and living out Your soul.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...