Thursday 12 February 2009

2 Days of Work and Counting!


Check me out! I spent my first day behind the check-out counter at Walmart today as a cashier. All the processes for whatever specific events are impossible to remember, but I guess I'll get the hang of it. I really enjoy the customers. Americans are so NICE! Haha. And I'm quite enjoying myself with the sweet little old men who come flirting their way through my line :) Hehe. One of them was even trying to find me a Valentine for this Saturday after I called him an old Romantic for buying his wife roses :) Aww! The other employees at Walmart are all SO incredibly sweet. I was trained in this morning by a few different lovely, knowledgable ladies and despite the fact that working in such a place isn't "me" and leaves very little room for my creative soul to breathe, I just feel blessed to be earning something these days back in the States as I work my way back to Rescue Mission! His purposes are beyond my mind's reach. I think as long as I can keep my focus as simply loving on the people around me in His name, I'll be just fine for this season. Though I'm not a corporation girl and feel a bit of a sell-out for working with one, Walmart has really rather impressed me with its emphasis on respecting and looking out for its employees.

But, after these first few days of settling in, and once I can hold my sleepy eyes open for long enough in the evenings after being up way too early (some of my shifts these next few weeks start at 6am!), I'm going to get back to the drawing board with this preparation to get back to mission in Europe! It's time to kick it into high gear :)

Ooh! I finally got an American cell phone, by the way. It's only a tracfone so that I can come and go from the country and still have it here waiting for me when I get back. But let me know if you'd like my number! If you're in PR, you could even come through my line and I'll give it to you in person along with a cheery, "Thank you for shopping at Walmart!" Hahaha :)

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Yay for cashiering! Look at you with the nametag and all. :D

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are liking the people at work! That should help to make the time go faster!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...