Thursday 5 March 2009

Odds and Ends

Hey All,

I just want to keep everyone updated on a few things.

1.) My freelance writing career is FINALLY off the ground! A piece has been accepted by an Indiana-based publication called Evangel for the 2010 line-up! I wish there were adequate words to say how excited I am. This is a dream come true, even if it's not a great piece in my opinion or a big time publication. I am still officially a freelance writer, serving Him in writing!!! And I couldn't be more thrilled, nor impressed with the ease of the editing process! PRAISE THE DREAM-GIVER AND GRANTER!

2.) I am meeting with a local musician tomorrow to properly record my original songs to sell as a fundraising tool for my ministry!!! This is not so much a dream come true, as a surprise side-effect of pursuing the Biggest Dreamer of All :) I'm nervous and very very very aware of my non-skills. But I'll follow Him in this til He puts a stop to it, trusting that where I am weak, His strength is made perfect. I'm so excited to be able to share a bit of my passion and His heart in writing and singing these songs, despite the stark nature of them. Maybe someday some real musicians will take them on :)

3.) My visa application is supposed to return to me either accepted or rejected between the 9th and 25th of this month!!! Which makes for a pretty intensified waiting time... If all goes well, I will be back in Goteborg at the beginning of April-- which will be perfect timing since my future-sis-in-law Danie has ALREADY booked her tickets to come spend her Easter Break with me in Sweden (she'll be on a semester abroad in England). Faith, faith, faith. It is such a harder thing to practice than it seems...

4.) I am very actively working on building up my mission support team now. I've read all the books, done the workbooks, talked to other missionaries a bit further down the road than I am, and written and organized all my material. I have so far only officially approached ONE couple that I felt strongly about asking... But I'm praying for the courage to approach many more of you and explain what He's doing here and ask if you'd like to be a part of it! So, if I don't contact you somehow in the next few weeks and you wish I had, please let me know!! I'm praying for you... So far He has sent along 3 supporters I would have never expected who came to ME and said they'd been praying about being a part of my team-- just as I've been praying these months that He would do :) So, He's always sending just enough encouragement to keep me on this road as I need it.... Such a good God...

Watch this space!!!! He is such a ceaseless adventure-- and He is yours. And mine! How can this be?!

Love,
Leah

2 comments:

Gabi Dickinson said...

''This is not so much a dream come true, as a surprise side-effect of pursuing the Biggest Dreamer of All :)''- my whole life feels like that right now, and i'm so glad you put into words for me. Thankyou!

I LOVE the description of Him as a ceaseless adventure. MMM isn't He just? :)

All of this thrills my little heart! So much girlie! Is there such a thing as a prayer support team for you? If so I'd love to be included in that. Then maybe after Uganda, He'll allow me to give a little financially. For now though, you have my prayers!

Leah said...

Yes, there is Gabs! That's a VITAL part of the whole Support Team theory-- just as important as finance!!! Thank you! I'll put your name down :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...